A National Employability Programme of Skill Development & Vocational Eduxation Project
NSDCA Vocational Education Council (NSDCA) under Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department, National, is an Apex Body for all matters relating to skill development activities of the state for both public and private sector efforts, established with the mandate to produce skill development and livelihood avenues and increase income level of the states’ youth.
It facilitates short-term Skill Development training in response to the State’s Skill Gaps. The objective is to provide assured employment and amplify entrepreneurship opportunities in the state. The long-term objective is to address the issues of unemployment and poverty whilst ensuring optimum utilisation of the state’s human resource. The Apex Body also works towards improving employability, creating skilled manpower, generating productive assets and stimulating rural economy. Upholding dignity of labour, NSDCA focuses on meaningful employment that can make a positive impact on National’s socioeconomic status. The core idea is to help the populace reap the benefits of an economic boom through skill development.
And Whereas the Training Partner (TP) provides skill training and has been empanelled for the aforesaid training programme in the State of National and a time bound target has also been determined for achieving the objective in consonance with the schemes of the NSDCA Vocational Education Council.
COURSES OFFERED AND DURATION:
Currently we are offering Allied Health – “GDA (General Duty Assistant)” and “Hotel and Tourism Management Courses”.
We will be going in for other courses in the long run as per the demand of the Training Partners.
GDA - General Duty Assistant:
Course Duration: 3 years (1 year Classroom Training – Theory & Practical and 2 years On the Job Training)
Trainees: preferably Female (unmarried)
Age: 17 to 25 years
Theory: 5 days a week (7 hrs)
HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT :
Course Duration: 3 years (6 months Classroom Training – Theory & Practical and 2 ½ years On the Job Training)
Trainees: preferably Male (unmarried)
Age: 17 to 25 years
Theory: 5 days a week (7 hrs)
Training Partner Registration:
- Interested Training Centres may apply in the prescribed format and registration fees to NSDCA through us
- An agreement must be signed with the Zonal Head and NSDCA for conduct of the courses
- Renewal of the agreement will be done every year based on the interest and reliability of the Training Partner
- Training Partner should submit the required KYC’s along with photographs of the training centre
- The basic requirements of the Training Centre applying for registration is given in the coming slides.
Training Centre Requirements and Approval :
The training centre applying for conduct of the said courses should have the following facilities
- 2 or 3 classrooms of 400 sq. ft each
- One office room of 100 sq. ft for counselling and admission procedures
- Seating Capacity (Table / Chairs) to accommodate 35 ~ 40 students per classroom
- One room with cot for resting in case of any emergency (fall sick) during theory session (can be also used as a separate lab for practice)
- Rest Room (Toilets) for students (Male / Female separate)
- Proper ventilation and light enabling good atmosphere to students
- Telephone and Internet facility
- Bio-metric attendance system
- CCTV cameras in each classroom, office and out side of the training centre
- The centre once applying with the registration fees and above requirements will get the approval in 10 working days (maximum)
Roles and Responsibilities of Training Partner :
- Payment of one time Registration fees for the training centre
- Mobilisation of trainees as per the course selected
- Collection of prescribed fees from the trainees, remittance to NSDCA and Zonal Head
- Collection of Documents from the trainees
- X, XII mark sheet original (any one) for 3 years (First year with the Institute and the next 2 years with the Hospital)
- KYC of trainees (Aadhar copy, PAN card, Bank Passbook / Account details, Driving License etc)
- Passport size photographs (5 nos of trainees)
- KYC of Parents / Guardian of the trainee (Aadhar copy, PAN card, photographs etc)
- Facilitate in conducting Parents / Guardian meeting with the Zonal Head at least twice a month during the first year
- Conduct of Basic Computer Skills and Communicative English to trainees (mandatory)
- Conduct of 5 days theory class in the first year
- Appointment of Faculty / Instructor as per the requirement (Should be experienced, Flair for training, Familiar with Hospital Terms a must etc)
- Collection of KYC of Faculties and Staff members and submit to the Zonal Head (entire staff) (Aadhar copy, PAN card, Bank Passbook / Account details, Driving License etc)
- In case, students doesn’t have a Bank Account then TP should facilitate for opening of Bank Account (discussion is on with Hospitals for doing the same so its only optional at present)
- In case of any issue / grievance among the trainees during the classroom training to be handled by the Training Partner (Preferably girl trainees be handled by Women staff)
- Facilitate trainees to get PAN Card within 6 months from start of training (Those who don’t have should get in 6 months)
Roles and Responsibilities of Zonal Service Head :
- As specified earlier responsible for Registration, Signing of Agreement and Renewal of Training Centre with NSDCA and Will be responsible of placing and OJT of trainees
- Follow up with institutions during OJT of students for attendance, updates on training and other required details of NSDCA.
- Will maintain the financials of each and every training centre under him
- Responsible for issuance of Uniform, ID card, shoes, training kit, reading materials etc to students.
- Conduct of Parents / Guardian meeting twice a month and model exams to trainees on time
Key Points to remember for Training Partner:
- Conduct of 5 days theory class in the first year.
- Should maintain / limit the class size to 60 trainees (max).
- Can mobilise Pass / Fail / Debarred XII std students as trainees.
- 90 % attendance a must for each trainee.
- Follow the content and curriculum shared by the Zonal Service Head.
- Should prepare a Calendar / Time Table to complete the theory and practical syllabus within the semester period.
- Ensure that the trainees successfully complete the course by attaining
- 15/25 marks in practical and
- 35/75 marks in theory
- Please convey to trainees that they cannot apply for Government Jobs on completion of this course.
- Personal Hygiene, Communicative English, Motivational classes and Soft Skills should also be a part of the program.
Ensure all the trainees follow the uniform standards while attending the training sessions.
NSDCA - Features, Examination, Certification:
Every successful declared student will be awarded Diploma / Degree Certificate by the “NSDCA Vocational Educational Council” in each education programme. As per Rule 3b-9.
ATTESTATION OF CERTIFICATES:
The Certificates of the NSDCA Vocational Education Council get Attestation from Foreign Embassies for Education and Employment purposes. Being a NON-UGC Programme, the Certificates of the NSDCA are not recommended for PSC/UPSC Appointments.
It is widely used in Public Sector Undertakings, Multi-National Companies and Private Sector in India and abroad who are satisfied with the Official Verification System.
- Our motto is Education, Health & Character.
- To give the best possible teaching and training to its students. So they can serve society effectively and with dignity.
- Democratizing higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of learners.
- Providing access to high quality to all those who seek it irrespective of age, region or formal qualifications.
- Offering need based academic programmers by giving professional and vocational orientation to the course.
- To promote and develop distance education in India & Abroad.
- To individualized study: - flexibility in terms of place and duration of study.
The final examination in theory and practical are held at the end of the academy year session in March/ April and in supplementary exams in Calendar year September/October. A candidate has declared successful on scoring minimum of 50-% marks in each paper. As per Rule 3b-9.
Age & Sex:
There will be no restriction of age, caste, sex, and region, country under skill development programme, vocational education, and distance education system of the board.
The medium of each education programme will be according to their Regional Language/ State Language / Country Language. But Question Paper will be published only in English / Hindi, student can give answer in English / Hindi or his / her state language. But it should be mentioned earlier in the examination form.
University Entry – The majority of Community College alumni are offered their first choice place to continue “University Entry” their international education at higher education institutions throughout the world. Our students regularly accept places at Oxford, Harvard, Yale, Brown and many other leading and well-regarded universities throughout the world.
Gap Year Opportunities - The College provides students with a range of exciting and enriching gap year opportunities and projects that allow students to continue living the mission to influence positive change.
Alumni- Find out more about what our alumni go on to do and how their lives have been shaped by the Community College ideals and experience by visiting www.nsdca.ind.in
State Programme Officer
+91 9566 966 452
Zonal Service Head Officer 1
+91 83000 64949
Zonal Service Head Officer 2
+91 80568 64810